Enable Bubble Chat on Roblox: Every game has its own special feature to let its users interact with each other. In Roblox, this feature is the Bubble Chat. As the name suggests it means that this enables their users to engage in conversations in speech bubbles. Instead of having to check their chat screens, the bubble chat is very simple, the users can type the text they need to convey, it appears in a form of bubble chat above the gamers’ Avatar.
This is an interesting feature as the players often feel it’s tedious to keep pausing the game go to their chat box and engage in conversations.
In this article, I will share all the essential features of bubble chat and also other basic features like how to add it, how to remove it and how to make changes to the speech bubble.
How to enable Bubble Chat in Roblox?
Roblox has a couple of different ways to engage in chats. One of them is the basic chat window which is set to default and the next one is the updated bubble chat which appears above the avatar without causing any discontinuation of the game. Even though an update was made the game still kept the previous version of the default chat as some users and developers are not comfortable around change. So to use Bubble Chat in this game you will need to get to your settings to enable the ‘Bubble Chat’ in the game.
Following these steps will help you in enabling Bubble chats:
- Start Roblox game and select the New option to create a new project.
- Then on the display screen scroll and select the play button which is stated with the name F5 on the monitor.
- Then there will appear an icon to view the dropdown list, click on it then on the right-side panel select ‘Chat’.
- Then you will see an option ‘ClientChatModules’, right-click on this option and copy the entire file.
- You will need to paste this copied folder inside the chat, to do so press shift + F5 and then right-click
- From the ClientChatModules folder on clicking, a dropdown icon will appear.
- After selecting the ChatSettings keep scrolling to row 27 and row 28. It will mention the name as a module.BubbleChatEnabled followed by module.ClassicChatEnabled.
- You will need to replace the phrases ‘PlayersService.BubbleChat’ with ‘true’ and ‘PlayersService.ClassicChat’ with ‘false’.
- Your work in this dropdown is done, close the ChatSettings.
- To test the Bubble Chat feature press F5 and then enter whatever text you want using the ‘/’ button.
How to Disable the Classic Chatbox in Roblox
Roblox Successfully updated the Bubble Chat feature but it still kept the option of the Classic Chatbox because in Bubble Chat there will be a lack of privacy of the messages. The messages just pop on screen and cannot be hidden from people who are physically present around you.
We cannot permanently delete the Classic Chat Box as some users prefer this privacy. To disable it we will need to follow a list of code modifications. The starting steps are similar till you reach the row 27 and 28 then You will be required to replace the phrases ‘PlayersService.BubbleChat’ with ‘true’ and ‘PlayersService.ClassicChat’ with ‘true’. This will disable the Classic chat display and you can enjoy the bubble chat feature without being disturbed by this.
How to Customize Chat Bubbles on Roblox?
Most of the New users are not aware of the fact that Bubble Chat is a feature of the updated version of Roblox and this was not present before. The Classic feature had chat boxes that displayed the messages but now with Bubble Chat a text bubble pops on the screen above the avatar and the message disappears. Making changes to this feature is called customization. Customization can be done by changing and replacing a few codes into the Chat settings with the help of Roblox Studio.
Follow these steps in the given order to customize the Bubble Chat in Roblox :
- Start by creating a new project. If you have an existing game on the Roblox Studio you can edit it.
- Now copy all the Folders from the Chat selection by pressing F5.
- To paste the copied folders inside the chat Option Press Shift+F5.
- Now we will need to enable the Bubble chat. To do so open the ClientChatModules folder in the dropdown selection.
- In the settings scroll to number 212. Then in this row, you will locate a word .png press Enter after the word. This will create a new row with a new number 213.
- Then enter the code shared below.
chatBubbleMain.ImageColor3 = Color3.fromRGB (0,0,0)80
- You will now need to move ahead to row with the number 225 and again like the previous step after the word .png press enter to create a new row with number 226 Type the following code in the new row 226:
chatBubbleTail.ImageColor3 = Color3.fromRGB (0,0,0)
- Now go below to row numbered 443 and spot the phrase ‘shouldAutoLocalize’ and replace it with ‘false’.
- Now at the row with number 444 type the following code:
bubble text.TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB (255,0,255)
- You are now done with the codes. Exit the list and now for a quick demo check press F5.
- You can now write anything using the ‘/’ button and can notice that there is purple text appearing on a black background.
- If you want to change the colors you can use the RGB color codes in the settings of Bubble Chats.
Roblox updates in Bubblechat feature
In the beginning, when the Bubble Chat was added as a new feature it only had basic features like Chat bubble color, changes in Bubble Chat Time duration, and the Animated Transitions.
Now the update has some noteworthy changes which have caught the attention o its users.
- The chat bubbles have their pictures as background.
- Color progressions have also been enabled in the Chat bubbles.
- An Adorned Name
- Localized gamers can now offset their studs
- Allowing of Corner
- New font designs in the Chat bubbles.
How to fix Firmware glitches in Bubble Chat in a limited time?
The main reasons why firmware glitches arise are due to the errors that occur when codes are entered. Initially, the chats that are present are the classic chats, and to change them to Bubble chats, series of codes are to be entered. When these codes are entered one needs to be very careful as even a difference of ‘space’ can cause the whole code to fall apart and a firmware glitch occurs. After selecting the ChatSettings keep scrolling to row 27 and row 28. It will be as a module.BubbleChatEnabled followed by module.ClassicChatEnabled. You will need to replace the phrases ‘PlayersService.BubbleChat’ with ‘true’ and ‘PlayersService.ClassicChat’ with ‘false’.
Question: Is there a chat feature On Roblox?
Answer: Roblox has a few ways to engage the gamers in conversations.
- basic chat window which is set to default
- the next one is the updated bubble chat which appears above the avatar without causing any discontinuation of the game.
Question: Is there a character limit to chats in Roblox?
Answer: Yes, the bubble chat feature in Roblox allows up to 65 characters at once.
Question: What are the fonts which Roblox uses?
Answer: SourceSansBold is the font used by Roblox and the size for it is kept from 18 to 24 and the transparency is 75.
Roblox BubbleChat feature is a new way of engaging in conversations during the games. It appears in form of a bubble above the avatar. To enable this feature you will need to follow the steps explained above. Even though this was updated the previous Classic chat option is also available in the game.
This is all about the How to Enable Bubble Chat on Roblox. Keep visiting us for new updates!